Instructional Strategies; Working with a Paraprofessional
1. Works with individual students or small groups of students to reinforce learning of materials or skills initially introduced and outlined by certified staff.
2. Assists the certified staff in devising special strategies for reinforcing learning materials and skills based on a sympathetic understanding of individual students, their needs, interests, and abilities.
3. Monitors work, corrects papers, and supervises curriculum-based testing and makeup work as assigned by the certified staff.
4. Serves as the chief source of information and help to any guest teacher assigned in the absence of the regular certified staff.
5. Performs clerical, classroom maintenance, and instructional duties as assigned by the certified staff.
Accommodations (Timing, scheduling, setting, presentation, response)
1. Frequent break which is supervised
2. Special grouping (small, individual)
3. Special lined paper
1. Decrease the number of standards required to be learned during the school year.
2. Change the general education assignment to eliminate some of the work.